Wednesday 6 July 2011

Demo Painting

I found a 100 x 100cms painting of St Anthony's Head, Cornwall that had been damaged. So I decided to use it when I teach workshops to demonstrate various techniques. I call it my 'Demo Canvas'.



Firstly I inverted the picture, using the large smooth sky area as the sea. 
I then applied Golden Acrylic with a printing roller to ceat an interesting texture surface on the smooth canvas. I love the way the colours merge when using a roller.



I added Cornish beach sand and Scrimms to create texture at the bottom.


In another workshop, I re painted the sea and added more Gyllyngvase Sand to the right hand side to create a beach and rocky area.


Showed various techniques of pouring, flicking and throwing inks and paint. Sometimes with the canvas flat on the floor and sometimes on my easel, on it's side to let gravity  allow runs to create suggested waves etc.


The painting is far from finished although I quite like the sky (done with a knife) so that may stay as it is... for the moment. :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment